Thursday, May 21, 2009

Elder Holland's last conference talk

The new bike is perfect. It's just what I needed so I'm looking for a way to get my other one home.

Anyways, it was the last week of the transfer so we have been working pretty hard as usual. Everything seemed to just come together for us. Mike, Mikey and Julie were all baptized on Sunday. It was a great experience and they are way excited. The spirit was so strong there and this Sunday we will confirm them.

I found out i'm staying, but Elder Burton was called to be the Assistant to the President! hahaha I thought it was pretty great. Also Elder Pond is now a Zone Leader! haha That will be pretty Good too. I'm excited to see the changes in the mission and the new leadership that is coming in. It truly is incredible, the Lord is preparing missionaries left and right! It's great.

I think one of the best things that happened this week was a lesson we had with an older lady named Peggy. The spirit was so strong as we testified of the Savior and watched Elder Holland's talk from this last conference. its was great. After, we testified of the Savior. It was so great to be able the see that light that came into her eyes as we shared it with her. She has been struggling lately. As we shared and testified of how the Savior can help lift our burdens, we saw her become more and more attentive. Then she started to cry, then we started to cry. haha. It was great. I know the Savior can help us in times of need, or in times when we might not think we need it. But he is always there for us, always there to help us out. Listen to the talk by Elder Holland, I'm sure it can help everyone else too. Mom or Kristin, if you could attach that to the blog, that would be great. It's on lds.org

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-27,00.html

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Elder Bragg

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

I have to teach Relif Society this Sunday and I was assigned this talk! Arg... I dont EVEN know where to begin. I think i'll just play the talk and then sit down. Haha

Jacque said...

If you can get to a bike shop they will probably save a bike box for you to mail yours home in. Maybe a member can drive you to the USPS. Glad things are good! Happy Memorial Day

Kay said...

Heck, he's four hour away. I wonder if any one is driving through soon and can pick up a bike?