Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Prayers answered

Mom, I swear at least once a month I look like a weirdie and start crying in the middle of the library, ha-ha. While I was reading your e-mail I was filled with the joy and love that I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for all of us. It's great to hear how God answers prayers. I have been praying for those two things also. The power of prayer is great, because of it I have a new little nephew who will be running around kickin' all sorts of shins in a few years, ha-ha. Matt and Mickie will be great parents.

I'm so happy for Seth also! I'm grateful that prayer was answered too! It really wasn't hard for me to go on a mission, it was always just something that I knew I was going to do. I know Seth will love it. I know he'll enjoy every minute of it, the good and the bad. As Elder Holland said, the dearly beloved companions are the ones that pushed him to the 10th degree. It's the greatest thing I've ever done in my life. I know he'll feel the same. Tell him to work hard and be happy. If I were to give any advice to some one about to go on a mission, it would be to first work hard. Don't slack off, don't waste your time and more importantly don't waste the Lord's time. Represent the Savior, don't disrespect him. And the other is be happy, every one who is disobedient does it because they think it will make them happy. Well, it wont, you just wind up more depressed. Enjoy the work. It's fun if you make it fun. . .

Anyways sorry about the ramblings.... Tell Seth I love and miss him and to have fun.

Well I've got a go. We had a good week. We are working hard and building up the ward here. Love you all!!! (God does too!! ooooohhhhh) ha-ha.

LOVE!!!
Elder Bragg

2 comments:

steve said...

Great advice from someone so young. Love ya, Colton, Steve

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Did Colton quit writing you?