Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zone Conference

This has been one of the craziest weeks of my mission by far. Last Monday we went to Denver, had a great meeting with President. We got a lot accomplished in the car with the district leaders on the drive over. Then we had doctors appointments all week. Elder White got in a car wreck so we've been going to a physical therapist. We have been running every other morning, good enough for me. So I had to get some new shoes with the money Zannie gave me cause my ankles both are bleeding, hahaha. Then we went to Denver again with President Atkinson ( second councilor in the presidency) and the whole way there we talked about leadership and how we can be better. When we got there, we had a 3 hour meeting with Elder Shumway of the 70. He was way funny and super up beat the whole time. I learned a lot and he gave us a lot of promises for the mission and for life. It was incredible. Then after a short lunch we drove the 4 hours back over the Vail Pass and over the Rocky's. . . I'm pretty thankful now for all those long/short trips to Utah and Portland and California. The Lord prepares us for different things in different ways. It's funny to see them all come into play. The whole way back President Atkinson told us how we can all grow and good plan for life and how to listen to the spirit better. Lets just say I'm gonna need to get some more note paper. . . ha-ha. The next morning we had to go set up for a Zone Conference with Elder Shumway and the Mission Presidency, 2 area 70's and 2 Stake Presidents. . . and all their wives, hahaha. Elder White was conducting, so I got all the Zone duties and he got to just sit on the stand, hahaha. We started at 9 30 and ended at 3, no breaks either. It was awesome though, everyone just sat and listened. I've had a lot of prayers answered the last couple days and my hand is super cramped from all the writing, haha. One thing I really liked was Elder Brimhall the area 70 said, "God the Father and his son Jesus Christ were the first companionship of this dispensation. . . and Joseph Smith was the first investigator." I loved that. It was just one of the many good quotes. That night at 8 we had interviews with President. It was sweet. Next week we are setting up a Zone Meeting and having an etiquette lesson, hahaha. Don't worry mom I'm doing well with it, ust some other missionaries really really aren't, haha. In between all of that we set Andrew Mathis with a date for baptism next Sunday! I know right, like I said, crazy week!

I hit a year out. . . WEIRD!!!! haha It doesn't seem like its been that long. But thanks everyone for your support!

If anyone wants to write me a letter. . .not that you have to. . . God gives us all agency! haha

Elder Bragg
C/O The Landes family167 29 1/2 rd.
Grand Junction, Co 81503

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Love Elder Bragg

No comments: