Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The gospel is great

Anyways,

This week has been crazy. We have been working really hard. Elder McComb has a bunch of things wrong with his knee so we are not allowed to tract. And he will be going home for surgery too. So we wanted to finish him off strong. Well all we did was teach, members, investigators, anyone we saw. We would teach them a lesson. We wound up with 38 for the week. So we were happy about that. The zone did really well. Our average sit down lessons were 24 (which is awesome) and hours tracting were 19.8 (and that was with our 0) ha-ha. I’m way proud of everybody. They finished the transfer very strong. I also found out that I’m staying, still a zone leader, Ha-ha, long run, I guess. But I hear my new comp is great. I don’t know who it is yet, but I’ll let you know. The work is going well and we are trying our best.

Thanks for updating me on all the blessings our family is getting. When we are baptized we covenant with God that we are willing to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. Do as he does. Act as he acts. Give as he gives and he gave us everything. Thanks for being a great example of that. It sounds like everyone is helping our family grow closer through the eternities.

Also as you could tell, the more we are willing to give up the more the Lord is going to bless us. Most of the time it’s not with physical things, but like those matter in the end anyways. Like the lord did to the young rich man in the New Testament, he invites us all to give up everything we have and follow him. Harder said than done right, but the closer we are to God the farther we are from those things of the world and the better off we will be in the life to come.

The gospel is great; it’s good to know the Lord is really looking after the family as I’m gone. I know he answers prayers. Thanks for letting me know how he’s answering mine. I love hearing how everyone is doing. Keep me updated and let everyone know I love and miss them.

Have a good week!

Love Elder Bragg

1 comment:

Will said...

Uh oh, the FINAL area will be coming soon . . .