Friday, October 10, 2008

New Phone

Its pretty cool my mission president was in the temple a couple years ago and all the sudden he got this impression that he needed to retire early. Like, the next day, early. He was in a position of great worth. . . (aka lots-o-dough) so he went home told Sister Christison and then retired the next day. A week later he was driving with his son in the car and the prophet called his son's cell phone. . . and now he is our mission president. Pretty neat hu? I just thought that was a neat story.

CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!
Haha Saturday was so good. There were times when I wanted to get up and cheer. In fact during one of the Saturday sessions I nearly did. Sorry I don't have my notes but the guy from the 70 who spoke on the atonement and said that Jesus Christ is the only way. . . and any other way is madness. I got so excited. H was awesome. I would just tell you everything that I loved but then I would just be writing down all my notes. Everyone who spoke was incredible and I learned a lot. I'm already looking forward to conference in 6 months, but a little more to the conference ensign that will come out. THINK OF THE HIGHLIGHTING I WILL GET TO DO!!! Dang I'm excited. I can't wait to share quotes with investigators from that. I could talk all day about that though so I'll move on haha.

This week has been good. haha funny story. . . so we got new phones yesterday because the entire mission was breaking 3 phones a week. . . I know right. So they got us 300 dollar phones that they use in the military that are never supposed to break. If they do, you pay for it. Yeah kinda sucks but none the less. We were riding to the area we were going to tract and I said to Elder Bryson "Hey now if I fall the phone will be okay!" and I have never fallen before so the next part of the story was very unexpected. No more then 5 minutes later and only having the phone for about a hour. We were going down a trail to get to this area to tract. When I turn the corner and to my surprise. . . There is no bike under me anymore. It just completely lost traction and slipped out. So I proceeded to belly-slide down the rest of the hill (about 10 feet or so) completely on my right side, more particularly my right pocket. . . Which is where I put the cell phone. . . Naturally I just jumped up real quick and thought oh no hahaha. Breaking a 300 dollar phone would be pretty bad, so I took it out of my pocket and it was completely fine!! After sliding over rocks and dirt and having a perfect outline of where it was in my pocket on my pants. The phone was fine. Not even a scratch, so we took pictures and had a good laugh about how I was just testing it out to see if it really was "indestructible." well it sure showed me haha.

We have been doing well. Did I tell you that summer wants me to confirm her! Cool I know, but yeah we are still working hard and doing our best.

I love you all! Thanks for your support and remember to do what the prophet said and pray for those areas to open that are not yet!

Love
Elder Bragg

1 comment:

steve said...

Loved your blog story. I totally saw you doing that.