Thursday, October 23, 2008

Transfers

Hey Hey Hey!! So this last week has been great.

There is some sad news though. . . after 4 and a half months/ 4 baptisms/ 3 transfers / and lot of work. . . I'm getting transferred. I know right! I was thinking I might be training too, because there are 28 new missionaries coming this transfer. So everyone and their dog is training. It's insane. I guess the Lord has other plans for me, and that's O.K. too. It was funny there is this kid in my district who really wanted to train. He was way disappointed when he found out he wasn't. I talked to him about it for a bit. I asked him if he has been working as hard as he could and he said yes. I asked if he trusts the Lord with everything he has and he said yes. I told him how it doesn't matter if your a trainer, district leader, zone leader, assistant, or a regular missionary. Each one is just as important as the other. I guess I realized I'm thankful I'll be just a regular missionary for now. I'll get to study the scriptures more in depth then I would if I was training, and I get to focus all of my time to the work that I am out here to do, which is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. Anything that takes me away from that I don't really want to do, to tell you the truth haha. So I'm thinking I might not be in any leadership for a while, haha. After I talked to him about it he seemed a little better.

Since I am getting transferred I'll find out tomorrow where it is I will be serving. I'll let you know my address in a letter or something. The Anderson's said they would send all my mail to where ever I am. I'll tell you what though, this has got to be one of the hardest parts of being on a mission. I have to leave those people that I have grown to love so much. It's horrible. I feel like I'm leaving the airport all over again. There is still so much work to be done here too! It kills me. Hopefully Elder Bryson will be able to keep the work moving forward. This last transfer has really been a trial of my faith. It's crazy to see how the Lord truly raises you up, when you put all your trust in him. I love it. I was listening to a CD this morning before we left and I heard something that might seem way lame and stupid but I'll always remember what it said. "When the rain begins to fall, remember where the rain comes from." Just the day before, we were reading section 122 of the Doctrine and Covenants . . . I think that's it. . .where it talks about how all these things can happen to you and they will all be for your good. Well I'll tell you I know that that is true, no matter the trial. . . it is for our good.

Anyways, I have to go but I want you all to know how much I love you and how much of a difference everyone has made in my life. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God's church restored back on the earth today, Jesus is the Christ. He is the savior of the world. When we put all of our heart, might, mind and strength in him, he will raise us up. He will help us carry our burdens. It is a blessing I wish everyone knew about and knew how real it is. Again I

Love you all!!
Elder Colton Bragg

2 comments:

The Dunn's said...

Colton,
You amaze me! I really enjoyed reading your email this week and how "grown up" you sound. When the time comes to train you will be even more prepared and the greenie you get will be glad to have you as a dad.
Take Care,
Bro. Dunn

steve said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom Colton. Everyone will be a better person when they cross your path. Keep that humble attitude.