Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ITS ELDER BRAGG!!!

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!

ITS ELDER BRAGG!!!

I'm sure you already new that though. How are things back in Meddy? I find myself talking about Medford and how great it is there then here. haha I can't help it. I'm pretty bias.

I didn't know so many people were getting married? you should let me know their addresses so I can write a couple of them and tell them congrats! Or better yet, send me the wedding announcements.

Anyways, we had a great week. Elder Pond and I are pretty much official brothers now. We get along way to well and are even to the point where we get into arguments about stupid little things cause its fun. Yeah, its been a pretty awesome transfer. Unfortunately it ends next Thursday, so we will see what happens. I'm kinda hoping nothing changes though, that would be sweet. I'll have to let you know.

We had a really good week of work. We taught over 18 lessons this week! It was so good. Our tracting hours were down cause we were teaching so much, awesome. We also had 4 baptisms! An awesome muslim family, I love them! I had the opportunity to baptize the 2 kids, Zack and Edrise (Ed). I'll have to send home some pictures. They are a way cool family. They are going to grow up to be the greatest missionaries ever, I swear. The mom already has so much faith and the kids are so good. I can't wait to hear from them later.

And on another note Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. We do get to play football in the morning and then eat. Luckily, we still get to go out and work (aka work off all the fat I will eat). But it's going to be any awesome day! There is so much that we have to be thankful for. I will have been on my mission for 6 months and one of the biggest things I've learned is to be thankful for EVERYTHING!! Heck, we don't even have the right not to be! It says in Mosiah that God gives us every breath! Just being alive is a gift! Let's be happy about it! I know I am. Because not everyone gets that chance like we do. Too many abortions of God's children; they couldn't be on this earth, but we are here and the scriptures tell us we are here to be happy! So be happy and be thankful! There is plenty to be thankful for. Maybe we can slow down for a bit and think about it. I promise you'll look at everything a whole lot different if you haven't before.

With that said. haha. What I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving is the Savior Jesus Christ. He has given me every blessing that I have and that I love so much! Family- with out him, I wouldn't be able to be with them for time and all eternity. Health- with out him, we would all just die and be dead in the grave forever, there would be no resurrection and no perfect glorified bodies, which is one of the reasons why we are down here as well. Oh, there are many more things that he gave us. In fact, he gave up everything so that we could have it all. He suffered every pain and affliction, every scraped knee and skinned elbow, he felt. So that when we are down and feel pain or sorrow, he can be there to raise us up, to help us back on our feet. When we can't walk, he'll carry us. How is that not something to be thankful for?? I love the Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart and I will never be able to express in words how much I am thankful for what he has done for the world. . . . for me. . . Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love,
Elder Bragg

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Thanks for the perspective Colt.

steve said...

Great testimony Colton.

The Dunn's said...

Wow, what a great week! BTW I know what you're getting for Christmas! I heard from work today that south Denver got hit with a hard snow storm! We had to close both our stores there. Hope you're staying warm and resisting asking members to lend you a board :)
-Bro Dunn