Thursday, January 8, 2009

I love being an instrument...

WHAT'S UP!!! Hey, sorry about last week. We had a crazy day. . .

And today was a Temple Wednesday, so I don't have much time left. . . and I had a bazillion emails. . . never a bad thing. I loved it! Oh man, thanks a bunch for the sweaters and stuff. So awesome! I needed some warm cloths. I've been freezen' my neenees of over here! haha! But I can't complain, I get to be a missionary! Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot! I got the boots too, just in time! It snowed to next day. haha Pretty epic, but yeah, they're awesome.

So we have this investigator named John, who is just about the coolest guy ever! We met him outside playing with remote control cars, haha. He's going to come to church! And there is a french family we are going to start teaching this week too. Hopefully I can stay here another transfer, I think 2 of them will probably get baptized! I know right!

I love being an instrument. . . anyways if you really want to know my feelings on missionary work read in Alma when Ammon is talking to Aaron and others about how awesome missionary work is! It's one of the greatest chapters ever. I think that would be good to give a training on in District Meeting tomorrow. I think it's 29 or so. Just in time, I finished the BOM the day after Christmas! haha! Close enough, I say! It was so awesome. I always learn a lot from that book. I know it might not seem like it but I think I've grown up a lot on my mission.

I loved talking to you all at Christmas! Maybe the speaker phone will work next time too, haha. Remember, with great sacrifice comes great blessings, and I'm pretty sure the hardest sacrifice is not talking to my family and loved ones. It's cool though. The mission is the greatest place ever. I know it's not really a place. . . but being a missionary is the greatest blessing I think I've ever had. Other than my family and the great friends I have, I wouldn't have even realized how awesome those are unless it were for my mission.

So pretty much persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calamity may defame. . . but the truth of God forward! The only way Satan is getting my home is getting hit by a bus (I knocked on wood it's cool) haha.

On a sadder note, Elder Bryson went home last week. (One of Colton's old mission companions) It was an honorable release. He struggled sometimes, but he was a good missionary. I think it's for the best. I'm just glad he got to serve for a while!

Love you all!
Thanks again!
Elder Bragg

4 comments:

Will said...

I'm just glad that you didn't say that you love being a tool . . . It's always weird having someone close go home early. My MTC companion did and it felt . . . weird!

steve said...

I never finished the BOM either. I am in 3rd Nephi. I finished in Oct. and started again. Too late but I am still reading. I should finish again in Feb. I'm proud of you Colton. Keep up the good work.

Linda said...

Ya- so I'm just about finished with the B of M, but not quite. So now I'm trying to keep up with the D & C for Gospel Doctrine and the finish at the same time. Double duty in a good way :o)
I love your comments about Alma and Amman. Epic missionaries to be sure.

The Dunn's said...

You are always so positive...I love that! It makes me so happy to see how you and Cooper are growing and serving. You always have such uplifting letters. Keep up the good work Elder!