Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trainer/ Transfers

Hey Hey! How's it going?

This week has been a crazy week, a great one, but still a little crazy. Transfers are this Thursday and we got the call. I found out I'm staying. I'm pretty happy about that. But Elder Pond is outta here, kinda sad. It's been a pleasure serving with him. But change is good.

I found out I'm going to be training a new missionary. There are 5 new missionaries coming in this transfer. I kinda feel inadequate. We had a meeting yesterday morning that kinda talked about training, there were 3 old Zone Leaders an old AP and me. haha. The whole time I was thinking, what am I doing here. . . . I don't think I really fit in that category yet. The Lord calls who he will and I know that with his help I can do all this just like Ammon says in alma 26 : 12. I think that's it. (I've got to work on my scripture knowledge) Anyways, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to serve in this way and be able to have this learning experience.

Oh man and funny story, right after I find out I'm getting a greenie, the 2nd counselor calls and asks if I can give a talk in Sacrament Meeting haha. It would be funny to have the newbie do it on his first Sunday, hahaha! I don't think I'll make him. But yeah, it should be interesting, but I'm sure it will be a great transfer. The work is progressing and the wards are awesome. We just have to work hard and have faith. . . and I can do that!

I am sending a package home today if I get time and it will have a bunch of stuff in it. But there will be 2 shirts in there for HD and Brit for Christmas. . . haha! January is better then late May right, Zannie! haha!

Oh man, at the Walgreens here they have shirts for 5 bucks that say Colorado all over them. . . and if they have Oregon ones over there, I would love some of those! I've got to represent Oregon. I talk about how awesome it is enough anyways, haha. If you could check that would be sweet! thanks! I'm sure the next email will be a lot more eventful, haha! LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Keep us missionaries in your prayers! We need all the help we can get!

LOVE
Elder Bragg

2 comments:

The Dunn's said...

Way to go Colton. You'll be a great trainer!! Jeff & Lisa

steve said...

Phillipians 4:13 You will be a great trainer Colton. Humility and service to your new companion will train him how to serve others.