Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alma 36

We are working really hard. I love it. Like I said Francie is still on track for baptism on the 23rd. She met with our Mission President and we are ready to go. And I get to be the one to baptize her also!! I am excited about that. She is an incredible lady and a blessing to teach.

Also we were teaching Leslie yesterday and. . . well I'll lead into it. . . so this last week during personal study I have been reading through the BOM. Every time I do I just don't want to stop! I love it so much. I'm reading about Alma and Amulek and the Zoramites and all these incredible things. I think the next chapter is Alma 36 too. I love that chapter. Great story.

But anyways... it turns out Leslie was reading the exact same stuff. So it's been awesome to be able to relate the story's to her. She loves it and has a strong testimony of the scriptures. So last lesson we taught her about how we should pray and study the scriptures and follow the prophet. . . and she totally wants to be baptized!! So awesome! We were way excited. That will be on sep. 20th or so. She's awesome.

The scriptures are those holy places that we can stand on and build our foundation on in times of need.

But I love you! Have a good week. I know I will haha.
Love, Elder Bragg

2 comments:

Jacque said...

That's awesome Colton! Sounds like you are starting your mission with much success and Elder Penrod is ending with much success. Halley still prays for you every prayer and it sounds like they are getting through! We love you.
The Schmidt's

steve said...

That's exactly where I am in my personal study of the BOM. Keep up with the spirit and you'll be an inspiration to the next missionary that you'll have to train.