Thursday, September 18, 2008

2 lb Block of Cheese

HEY!!

Yeah and I heard about the game to. . . I called someone from our ward for some info and they just happened to be there and it was just ending haha. Good timing on my part.

The typical day for me is.
6:30 -wake up, work out, and stretch. . . (and it must be working too cause I'm up to 175. . . I know right haha)
7:30 - shower and get dressed
8:00 - personal study. . . and I just finished the BOM for the first time on the mission! I'm way excited. Many more to come...
9:00 - companion study
10:00 - say a prayer before we leave and go tract till
1:00 - lunch
2:00 tract some more and go visit potential investigators/ Less Actives/ that kind of stuff
5:00 Dinner
6:00 visit the above mentioned. That's when we usually have appointments so we teach a lot at night also
9:00/9:30ish- come home plan for the next day and sit around
10:30- in bed
Yep that's the day and not just a usual day, that's every day. Other then p-day and Sunday. I love it. I feel so organized haha.

Laundry skillz (notice the Z for the extra cool spelling) are off the chain! I'm getting good. I got out a grass stain the other day. I was way proud of myself haha.

Yes I'm minding my manners at every ones house. I haven't used my fingers my whole mission haha. You'd be proud. They feed us everything. This ward is way awesome about feeding us. I think we've only not had a dinner appt twice my whole mission. It's usually really really good. . .except all that stuff I don't like to eat. But I choke it down anyways. I'm on a mission. Gotta do what you gotta do. I even ate a whole tomato the other day. So gross, but heck, I ate it.

Now this week a lot happened, but I'm sure I won't remember most of it, so here it goes. . . First off. . . We were eating dinner at a members home this Sunday and I saw they had a good cheese slicer. . . So I was like. "HEY! Where did you get that! I've got to get one!" and sister Zollinger was like "Hey! Take this one I've got an extra and I don't remember where I got it!" and that basically made my week! (for my temporal need of course). So I went and bought a 2 pound block and ate a pound that first day haha. I was in heaven. I've have the block 3 days and its almost gone. Feels like home again.

We also had a lesson with Ryan (this 18 year old investigator) this week. It went soooo well. He really wants to know if its all true and if he gets an answer he said he'd be baptized. . . all he has to do is pray!! We are way excited. He's way close.

Then also we were helping the Froese family move (Jim being the investigator that dropped Elder Penrod and I) and Bishop Pingree totally committed him to speaking in sacrament and promised him if he read and prayed about it he would get an answer by the time he talks. . . We kept our cool the rest of the time and then when we got home I like freaked out. That's so exciting. So now he is progressing again and we are working with him. He'll hopefully work out this time, but dang. Its been such a turn around with him. I love it.

Then the Powers dad gets home this month and when he does, Summer Powers should be baptized. Then of course. . . . Leslie (the one Elder Penrod and I taught) is flying back on Friday, getting baptized on Saturday, confirmed on Sunday, and flying back Monday! I'm way excited for her too. Seeing the change that she has gone through has been a huge blessing and teaching her was always a great experience. So that should be great!

We've got a lot of other things going on but I'll tell you those as they keep progressing cause I'm almost out of time haha. But the work is going really well. Elder Bryson and I are working hard and I could always use more ties. . . I mean and I love you all!! haha. The Lord has really been helping me this week dealing with things that have happened. It's a lot of work, but there is no where else I'd rather be. . .

LOVE YOU ALL!
Elder Bragg

6 comments:

Will said...

Yeah, I remember the monotony. It was pretty depressing setting the alarm for 6:30 and realizing it would stay in that spot forever! That said, the mission really teaches you what you can't do versus what you won't do, eh?

Kay said...

For those of you who don't know, Colton is obsessed with cheese. He loves it. He'll eat almost any kind of cheese. He did a 10 minute speech on cheese with taste testing and all in 4th grade. He wanted to do his Senior paper on cheese, but the teacher wouldn't let him. He is a bit OCD on the correct technique of slicing cheese also. He made his friends pass the slicing test before they were allowed to touch his precious block of cheese.

Now on to the real reason for my comment, mostly for Colton's behalf. Seth and Kade are making sure everyone passes the slicing test while you are away. The new kid, Peter Williams at the Farm was totally yelled at by both the other day. And now they kinda decided he needed to be supervised until he can pass off cheese slicing 101.

steve said...

Kay, that is so funny about the cheese slicing. Elder Bragg I think you ought to change up your routine so it's not so boring. Get up at 5:30.

Kay said...

Forgot to mention this one...John Perry thought maybe the reason you've gained weight is because you've grown taller. Could it be? 5'8" maybe? Well, it could happen...:)

Linda said...

Thanks Colt. You've inspired me to read the Book of Mormon again. You'll probably finish it for the 2nd time before me but... the important thing is that I started again today. THANKS!

The Dunn's said...

Hey Colton, glad you are improving on the manners. As long as you haven't been licking anyone's bread!