Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Elder Bryson

That's awesome, sounds like things are going pretty well back home. At least for the most part. Yeah, we heard about the whole BYU game. Brother Sucher in our ward keeps us up to date. I guess he made his little girl cry because he got a little too excited about the blocked kick, pretty funny. Oh, I don't know if you were watching, but we were at the Giants/Rockies game last Wednesday. It was way fun. The Giants killed them too. It was a good last p-day to spend with Elder Penrod. I miss him a lot more than I thought I would, haha. But he's at home now with his family so that's good.

My new companion's name is Elder Bryson. . . he's. . .older to say the least. I think about 25 or 6 now. He has a degree in chemical enginering. I can't even spell it and he's already earned it, haha. But yeah, he's a very interesting guy, knows his scripture like the back of his hand. It comes in handy a lot, haha. He is really good at relating to those people who are a little more intellectual. The Lord has definitely put us together for a reason. I seem to be able to relate to the more child like side of everyone, haha. I don't know. its just the way I am, haha. So it's good to have him around. He is a hard worker as well so that's really all the matters.

Oh man and the last 2 days while we were tracting he recited Aladdin word for word. . . yeah, the whole movie. Normally that might have been annoying, but since I can't watch any movies it was pretty cool, haha. Like I said, smart fella.

The lord has definitely helped me the last week with adjusting as well. I have been praying for a lot of guidance on how to address different situations and it seems to always work out just the way they should. Not always how I would like them. But definitely the way they should. It's always nice to know that the lord will help us through our struggles. Especially when serving a mission.

I have also been asked to give a training on personal revaluation this Friday to a bunch of Missionaries. So I have been thinking a lot about the steps that we need to take to receive that revelation for our selves. It's kind of cool because when they asked me I was reading the story of the Brother of Jared. And we all know what happened there, haha.

Anyways, I kinda freaked out when I heard Nicole was engaged. I definitely am expecting and announcement, haha. A lot changes when your gone for just a couple of months. I'm sure it will be a whole new world when I get back in 2 years. (see there's the Aladdin coming out now) The work is going really well over here. Like I said, with Elder Bryson we are able to reach a lot more people then we normally would and get them at least interested. It's pretty neat to see and be part of. So if all goes well, we should have 3 baptizms this transfer. Leslie, the girl Elder Penrod and I taught is flying back. Ryan is getting really close to committing to baptism and Summer Powers is just waiting for her dad to get back from the Middle East so he can baptize her. We are really excited and working with a lot more people as well, its cool,haha. I love you all! Thanks for all your support!

Love, Elder Bragg

4 comments:

Will said...

Does this elder do the different voices too?

Holly said...

We could quote you Mulan...yeah the entire movie when you need a change of pace. LOVE YOU! ;)

Linda said...

Elder Bryson does sound like he's quite different than your last companion but then again,that's part of what this mission thing is all about- right? Ray still talks about how different some of his companions were and the lessons he learned from them.

steve said...

I'll find an investigator for ya pretty boy, and I'll do it with my shirt on. I love Mulan.