Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Analogies

Hey, Hey, Hey

Elder McMurray and I were thinking of analogies this week. I was thinking how not accepting the gospel is like having some one tell you they had a bazillion dollars for you. . . and they want to give it to you. All you have to do is give them one dollar. . . but they really want a Choco Taco with that dollar. So they buy one of those instead. . . they could have bought the whole Chocó Taco company, but nope, they wanted just one, I guess. It always makes me sad.

Which brings me to the Viviers, they dropped us this week. I love that family. I know that the gospel would bless their lives so much more then they even know. But they don't want to give up that one dollar for a bazillion dollars/blessings). They will eventually join the church, then will kick themselves for not doing it sooner.

Also Elder McMurray and I have been working really hard, trying to be the best we can. . . and it turns out last week we had the worst numbers I have ever had in Highlands Ranch. . . so as I fasted and prayed about it. I realized that the Lord would bless us only after ALL that we can do. . . so I thought about that (Am I doing all that I can do?) How much more I can do. . . THERE'S TONS!!! So we started with our lunch hour, that's the max we can take. You know, for those people who eat food and stuff. I decided, with the support of Elder McMurray that going home for lunch and taking a full hour is a waste of time, eating and quick naps are for chumps. hahaha We are just gonna bring the food with us in the morning and eat for 15-30 minutes, then keep tracting. We are trying to find 20 new investigators in the next week. We are pretty much tracting 6 hours a day and working with members and less active/pmf's in the afternoon for referrals. haha It seems to be working out. But next Sunday is the real test, when we turn in the numbers. But my faith is strong and I know we can do it. The Lord will provide! Brother of Jared style, hahaha!!

Anyways, I love you all and have a great week. Be great missionaries! I'm trying my best too!

Love,
ELDER BRAGG!!!!

1 comment:

steve said...

Remember the story of the man who was told by the Lord to push against the big boulder. He did as he was told. After 20 years every day of obedience, he finally asked the what's up. He said I've done as you've asked every day and this rock has never moved once inch.

The Lord then said Thou faithful servant I never said you would move the rock, only just push against it. Whether you baptize anyone was not the command Elder Bragg but just for you to serve Him. You've done that by example to your companion and you'll be blessed in the Lord's own time. Love ya, Steve