Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Choices

Dang sounds like you've all been having fun.

Its been way awesome out here. This week we got so many more people in our teaching pool. A lot of them are way cool. . . .I don't know if I was telling you about this fella named Jim Froese. . He was doing really well and progressing. When we went over there last night he told us that he basically doesn't want to do it any more and that he's done. . . It was a pretty sad night last night as we came home. His choice to stop progressing made both Elder Penrod and I very sad, but it is his choice and unfortunately you're not allowed to tie people up and baptize them if they don't want to be. haha. But I'm sure he will come around eventually. We did all we could. . . anyways.

Its awesome in Colorado. The ward here is so cool. There is this one family named the Sanchez's. Their daughter just got off her mission, so that whole family is way stoked on missionary work. There 18 year old daughter gives us like 3 referrals each time we see them. Way cool.... so yeah its pretty cool. We are working with a bunch of people in this ward and I think about 5 RM's returned within a month. So we get to go out with them a lot. haha. Its cool. I learn a lot from them too. Anyways. I finally memorized everything we have to out here. Like D&C 4 and everything. Which is good. I'm trying to keep my "eye single to the glory of god"

Oh man and I officially hate summer. . . its hot and girls for some reason feel it necessary to not wear any clothes. But its cool cause I usually just sing a hymn or something. haha. It works pretty well. . . uh. oh yeah. Me and my companion both had on our ties on the 4th .. . it was cute. We were matching and everything, but its going really well here. I'm sorry to here about Sis. Johnson. That's a bummer, but she's so cool she gets to do missionary work in the spirit world now. Cause missions are the best so I bet she is loving it. I know I am haha. Send me Coopers address too. I want to write him. um. Yeah I really don't know what else to tell you. oh. Sad news about grandma. Hope she gets better. You'll have to update me on that one next week. But yeah I'm out. Got laundry to do. Oh man and send me a bunch of ties!!! Like good looking ones. A bunch of mine are unapproved and I want to be an obedient missionary. So ties are good. lots of ties and candy and letters hahaha. Anyways I love you all and I love it out here.

The work is progressing,
Love Elder Bragg

7 comments:

Kristin said...

As a primary we are memorizing D&C 4. I have to say for not really putting my mind to it I am doing pretty well!

Holly said...

Elder Bragg...you crack me up and I LOVE reading how you are doing in CO. We have been gone for almost 2 weeks and I miss it so... :)

Will said...

Well, you have to let us know what constitutes an illegal tie . . . It stinks to have your hearts broken by an investigator. Leave some cookies or something - no hard feelings or anything. As far as the non-clothed women, I swear a couple cute ones would approach/ambush me just to watch my brain melt down. Thanks for bring back those memories. Actually pretty funny.

Will said...

To elaborate on my last comment, in Toronto since we were always taking public transit, it was the norm to have both missionaries talking to a different person. Those were the good ole days.

Jacque said...

So proud of you Colton. What a great example you are setting. Halley prays for you and John all the time. Anytime she talks about missionaries or sees a picture she says they look just like you. Don't forget that the seeds you plant are just as important. Shane had many "gardeners" in his road to conversion and they are all important to him. We love you!
--Shiznits--

steve said...

I just saw Cooper off yesterday. I should have given him ties for you. Keep up the good work.

Ashley Smith said...

Hey Colton! It is a huge bummer that we live in the CO Springs Stake! But all is well. Good luck to you and your companion! Love, the Smith Family