Monday, June 30, 2008

Shout out "Thanks"

Dear Everyone back home Hey,

I'm finally in Colorado. It's so sick here! My companion and I are in a bike area. It so hilly, it's not even funny. Haha So basically our legs are gonna be gigantor by the end of this transfer. My companion's name is Elder Penrod. He's way cool. And he's a hard worker. He's going home in a couple of months, so I'll probably be his last companion in his lat area. So we might get to be together until Sept. Which is just fine with me.

Well, I just wanted to tell Bro. Schmidt and Bro. West and everyone else in the Young Men's area that they are awesome. I am really thankful for all they taught me and made me think about and do before I got out. It is so important to have a strong YM's group for the missionaries to be raised in, Trust ME.... A mission is hard work. Heck, it's the hardest work I've ever done in my life and I've only been out here for a week. haha The Lumber mill doesn't even compare on this kinda hard. I wouldn't leave it for the world though. Bearing your testimony to a complete stranger about whatever the spirit prompts you to talk about is probably the best feeling anyone can ever have. I Love it!!! I know this is where I need to be. Oh man, the first day it took a sec to build confidence to talk, but it's easy if the spirit is there. I think the first hour of my mission we were kicked out of an apartment complex and called to repentance by a couple of people......so yeah! But once you talk to one person that actually wants to know....It makes every other second worth it. Every person that has said we were living a lie and that the church isn't true......all that goes away. There is no way that anyone can make me doubt the truth of this church and the things it teaches. Thanks again to everyone back there who helped me come to that knowledge. You know who you are! If I didn't have it this would be a lot harder Plus D&C 4 states my feelings on missionary work pretty well. hahah Anyway's I just wanted to say thanks for all the examples I've had in my life. Most of which our from ward.

So yeah, I just wanted to say the Church is true. Joseph Smith is a true prophet and Jesus Christ did atone for all of our sins. I love knowing that. And I love telling everyone about how I know it. Everyone should! Never be ashamed of it!!

Love you all,
Elder Bragg

6 comments:

Zimmer Mom and Pop said...

Elder Bragg,
You sound like a missionary on fire! Good luck to you! Yes, missionary work is hard work but it sounds like you are not afraid of it.

Keep sharing your spirit,
Sister Zimmer

steve said...

Elder Bragg it sounds like you are flipping over your testimony. Just don't try it on the trees out there. I'm glad you have such a great companion. Keep your journal. You will enjoy reading it to your children one day. Keep that spirit with you always. You'll be the one teaching someone else soon.

Madison said...

Elder Bragg,
Good luck in gross Colorado! Ha-Ha!!! I miss you so much! It probably makes the time go by faster when you have a great companion!
From,
Madison

Holly said...

I just love reading about your excitement in sharing the Gospel. You are a great example to my boys. Thank you! :)

Kay said...

Colton,

I really really miss you. You are awesome. I been swimming a lot. I went to my friends house. It was lot's of fun. I also did some gardening for my mom.

Love, Lindsay Jean

Jacque said...

Elder Bragg,
We all miss you. I am extremely thankful for the example you have been and currently are to my children. I have always been impressed with the excitement that comes out of you when you are talking about the gospel. You are there for a reason. There is someone out there just like me searching for something (truth) and you will be relatable to them. Stay strong, search and ponder the scriptures and the lord will be with you. Don't prejudge anyone or think that they won't be interested in listening to a young kid. The spirit of the lord is with you and that is for everyone. You are one "tight,sick" missionary and friend.
Shane ("Shaner" as Elder Bragg says)